OFFICE & GALLERY ADMINISTRATOR
FULL TIME CONTRACT, £25,000 - £27,000 per annum
The Scottish Gallery has championed contemporary art in Scotland for 175 Years. It is a role which continues today as we exhibit the best in Scottish painting, from the 20th century and contemporary, as well as museum quality international applied art.
The Scottish Gallery is looking for an outstanding person to join our dynamic team as our Office & Gallery Administrator. The successful candidate will play a key role in supporting and delivering our programme of exhibitions and events. We are looking for an experienced individual who is used to working in a demanding, creative environment. You will be a proactive individual, who can apply themselves swiftly to key tasks who takes ownership of their duties whilst working closely with the team. You will have strong computer, numeracy, and literacy skills. You will be a detail-focused, organised, efficient and responsible individual with a demonstrable skill set.
This is not an entry level position; you will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in arts administration or a responsible position within a similar environment.
- Advanced office skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Confident with Adobe Creative Suite
- Website management, data inputting, making images web ready
- Project management, meeting all deadlines (e.g. publications, website, deliveries, mailing lists)
- Inter personal communication skills
- Liaising with customers and suppliers
- Office management and administration
- Database management
- Publishing newsletters and social media content
- Exhibition and event support
- Ability to write in concise English is essential and competent numeracy skills
- Full clean UK driving licence
We are asking you to tell us in no more than 500 words what experience you have to bring to this key role. This will be submitted along with your CV (2 pages) no later than Friday 17th November 2017. This should include two referees, one of which should be your current employer.
Please send to:
HR Department, The Scottish Gallery, 16 Dundas Street, Edinburgh EH3 6HZ or email@example.com
Successful applicants will be invited for interview in Edinburgh, December 2017. Due to the high volume of applications we expect, we can only respond to those who are invited to be interviewed; by Friday 8th December. We will take up references, after interview, for the successful candidate.